A complete accounting of air pollutant emissions within a defined set of geographic, temporal, sectoral and/or organizational boundaries.
|activityDataValueList||Collection||A list of the ActivityDataValue objects included in the inventory, defining the activity data used to produce the inventory.|
|authority||Citation or Text||The legislative, regulatory, or corporate authorization for the inventory.|
|datePublished||Date||Date of publication.|
|emissionFactorValueList||Collection||A list of the EmissionFactorValue objects inluded in the inventory, defining the values used for specific emission factors.|
|emissionMetricList||Collection||A list of the EmissionMetric objects included in the inventory.|
|gwpValueList||Collection||A list of the GwpValue objects included in the inventory, defining the global warming potential values used in the inventory.|
|organization||Organization||The corporation or governmental organization the inventory applies to.|
|parameterValueList||Collection||A list of the ParameterValue objects included in the inventory.|
|place||Place||The geographic area, facility, or other specific location the inventory applies to.|
|pollutantList||Collection||A list of the Pollutant objects included in the inventory, defining the pollutant boundary of the inventory.|
|pollutantType||Text||The classification of air pollutants included in this inventory. Possible values include GHG, BC, or CAC.|
|publisher||Organization||The organization that publishes the inventory.|
The level of operational and financial control the publisher has over emitting activities described by the inventory. Scope 1 references direct emissions, scope 2 indirect emissions (purchased energy), and scope 3 indirect emissions resulting from upstream and downstream organizational activities. Scope is particularly relevant to corporate inventories.
|sectoralCoverage||Text||A text description of the economic sectors included in this inventory.|
|sourceCategoryList||Collection||A list of SourceCategory objects included in the inventory, defining the sectoral boundary of the inventory.|
|submittedTo||Organization||The organization that receives submission of the inventory.|
|timePeriod||PeriodOfTime||The time period covered by the inventory.|
|title||Text||The name or title of the inventory.|
|url||Uri||The Url of the inventory.|
An Inventory will relate to multiple SourceCategory objects, which define the sectoral boundary of the inventory.
An Inventory will relate to one or more Pollutant objects, which define the pollutant boundary of the inventory. Additonally, an Inventory may relate to one or more GwpValue objects, defining the global warming potential values assigned to pollutants in the inventory. The pollutant boundary of the inventory may be defined by either the pollutantList and gwpValueList properties.
An Inventory will relate to multiple EmissionMetric objects. An Inventory will relate to both atomic EmissionMetric objects, which report metrics specific to a single SourceCategory, EstimationMethodology, Pollutant, and geographic location, or and additive EmissionMetric objects, which report total emissions within a SourceCategory, Pollutant, or the Inventory itself.
An Inventory may relate to multiple ParameterValue, EmissionFactorValue, and ActivityDataValue objects, which represent the parameters used by estimation methodology algorithms to derive emissions estimations.
The Inventory class contains properties describing the boundary of an Inventory, properties relating to the publication of the Inventory, and a single property describing the authorization of the inventory.
- The temporal boundary is defined by the timePeriod property.
- The pollutant boundary is defined by the pollutantList property, which contains a list Pollutant objects representing specific pollutants included in an inventory. Alternatively, the pollutant boundary may be defined by the gwpValueList property in a GHG inventory. The pollutant boundary may also described in shorthand by the pollutantType property.
- The sectoral boundary is defined by the sourceCategoryList property, which lists the SourceCategory objects included in an inventory. A textual description of the sectoral boundary may also be given using the sectoralCoverage property.
- The geographic boundary is defined by the geographicCoverage and location properties. Geographic areas and area sources may be described by the geographicCoverage property; specific facilities and other point sources may be described by the location property.
- The organizational boundary is defined by the organization property. This property would be used to define the corporate or organizational owner of a corporate, organizational, or facility-level inventory.
Properties relating to the publication of the inventory include publisher, datePublished, and submittedTo.
The authority property describes the legislative, regulatory, or corporate authorization for the Inventory.